Asquith Girls High School empowers our students through the key aspect of our mission statement - to nurture personal best and global citizenship.
At the forefront is a focus on developing our students into self-confident young women and independent and responsible learners, capable of being cooperative citizens and community leaders.
Our place as a comprehensive public school, combines the pedagogical strengths of our teaching staff with their explicit knowledge of shaping learning around the needs of young women.
Our professional staff are trained in the most up-to-date methods of best practice in teaching and learning, catering for students' individual learning styles and differentiating the curriculum.
We are proud of our school's learning community and proud of our students' achievements. We value a strong academic tradition whilst embracing and celebrating excellence in sport, creative and performing arts, and student leadership.
Asquith Girls High School is a comprehensive single sex secondary school which enjoys a high standing in its community. The school is committed to developing young women who are independent learners and leaders, able to work cooperatively as future citizens.
We offer our students:
- An holistic education, catering for students' academic, wellbeing and extra-curricular needs and interests.
- A safe and challenging learning environment, where we encourage excellence in a broad range of subjects, including high level mathematics and sciences and vocational education and training courses.
- A strong record of academic achievement in NAPLAN and the HSC.
- Leadership opportunities, where they will develop their skills through more than ten different programs offered in Years 7-12.
- Expert teachers, many of whom have won awards for excellence, who demonstrate ongoing commitment to their professional learning.
- Future focused learning, developing creativity, problem solving and critical thinking through a curriculum which includes school-developed courses that explicitly teach students how to learn.
- Communication and consultation where parents are regularly asked how well the school is achieving its statement of purpose. Surveys report routinely high levels of student and parent satisfaction.
- Reputation and regard throughout the local community. Our school is proud to offer quality and inclusive public education to meet the learning needs of all.
- A strong wellbeing focus to support our students' social and emotional development.
- A significant number of extra-curricular programs.
- A bushland location which is also close to public transport.